Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The power of Powerpoint Presentations

Well, hasn't powerpoint presentations changed from the last time I used it which was about 8 years ago. I was blown away to see that you could add sound to pictures. I can see the benefits of this in my classroom especially when the students are unengaged in the topic such as Maths.
The assistance of picture with sound will help with constructing meaning and engaging their interests. I can see myself using this ICT tool in my classroom more so than wiki or blogs.

1 comment:

  1. I also found powerpoints very interseting. I like the idea of them because they can be used across any teaching disipline and the students love to look at them. I also like the fact that they could be used as a teaching tool or as a tool for assesment and the fact that by playing around with it for a few hours will teach you enough to use them practicly.

    ReplyDelete